Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oregon: Baskett Slough

Ducks lounge in the waters of Baskett Slough with farmland in the background


Hi everyone,

I am on vacation visiting my parents in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. On my first day we went to Baskett Slough, a 2,000 plus acre National Wildlife Refuge. Below are a few photos of the area.


Birds fly over the marsh

Nutria (Myocastor coypus) is an invasive species that I recognized from my life in Lousiana but had no idea that they had invaded Oregon as well.


Clouds reflected in the marsh

Canadian Geese Goslings


plant buds

Views of the marsh and the countryside


Female red wing blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)




No comments:

North Rock Creek Snowshoe

Distance: 4 miles round trip Elevation: 9,180 ft to 9,780 ft Elevation Gain: 600 ft Dogs: Off leash until the wilderness boundary North...