Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mayflower Gulch Hike: Fall

Fall has arrived to the high country!

Looking down Mayflower Gulch on a beautiful fall day

On 19 September I went with a friend to spread the ashes of her dog in Mayflower Gulch near Copper Mountain, his favorite place to get lost in the Willows. Mayflower is one of my favorite places to hike too. I have snowshoed it many times and ogled at its summer wildflowers, but I have never been in the fall. True to form, it turns out to be gorgeous then too. Below are a series of photos from the trip.









3 comments:

Jann said...

Gorgeous!! I'll have to ask you next spring where I could go to see wildflowers in CO without strenuous hiking..I'm a creme puff...

CollabJan said...

Wow - thanks for sharing this Sylvia. I have snowshoed and x-c skied this trail many times and caught it during mushroom season in the late summer but never the fall - awesome!

Lindy said...

Absolutely jaw-dropping beauty and you have the knack for capturing it!

North Rock Creek Snowshoe

Distance: 4 miles round trip Elevation: 9,180 ft to 9,780 ft Elevation Gain: 600 ft Dogs: Off leash until the wilderness boundary North...