Saturday, February 14, 2009

Phoenix Botanical Gardens

A few years ago I made a trip down to the Phoenix area to spa after getting laid off. In addition to hiking the Go John Trail, I went with my aunt and uncle to the Phoenix Botanical Gardens. We went on a day when the butterfly conservatory was open to photographers. Below is a sequence of photographs, in no particular order, from this outing. I decided to not try and identify everything after finding an online cactus guide with 500 entries. If you know, let me know and I will add an appropriate caption to the pictures.

Part 1: In the Butterfly Pavilion










Part 2: Desert Cacti







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Finland, we have national defence duty all males. Females it's volunteer. When novice time is past, they give this oath of future service, cause we don't wage war whit any country. Not since world war 2.
My son is artilleryman and he want be a medical officer.
P.S. Your butterflys are beatyfull:)

North Rock Creek Snowshoe

Distance: 4 miles round trip Elevation: 9,180 ft to 9,780 ft Elevation Gain: 600 ft Dogs: Off leash until the wilderness boundary North...